Domestic & Commercial Sprinkler System Maintenance
Fire Sprinkler Servicing
To ensure your sprinkler system will operate correctly at all times it is a requirement of the British Standard that it is maintained and subject to an annual service.
On completion and commissioning of a fire sprinkler system, the details of the system are added to our servicing database. Approximately four weeks before the system requires a service, the person responsible for the sprinkler system will be contacted to remind them that the system now requires a service.
Servicing costs vary from £90 + VAT for small dwellings up to three bedrooms, to £300 + VAT for a 60 bed care home, (prices correct as of January 1st 2012). Triangle also offers a service contract for an additional 30% of the service cost. This is paid annually or in two payments over the year and in addition to an annual service includes:
- Access to our 24 Hour duty engineer telephone service
- 15% discount on all replacement parts
- 10% discount on any labour should remedial work be required
Fire Sprinkler Service will include the following
- Inspection of all sprinkler heads to ensure:
- all cover plates fitted correctly
- there are no signs of a leak around the head
- the head still covers the protected area, i.e., has there been any modification to the room that has caused a blind spot from the sprinkler head.
- Inspection of all ceilings and walls for indications of a weeping joint
- Inspection of lagging, (if applicable)
- Inspection and testing of trace heating, (if applicable)
- Inspection and testing of alarm systems, (if applicable)
- Inspection and testing of alarm interfaces, (if applicable)
- Inspection of control systems
- Inspection on pump, (if applicable)
- Inspection of tank, (if applicable)
- Water level
- Signs of leaks
- Low level alarm
- Test for presence of bacterium
- Full commissioning test
Following the service a new commissioning certificate will be supplied and the log book signed. If the service fails or requires remedial work, a full report will be issued.