Triangle Fire Systems is a rapidly growing family company specialising in the design, supply and installation of automatic fire sprinkler systems, dry and wet rising mains.
Due to our continued growth and expansion, we are seeking a reliable, enthusiastic and motivated Accounts Assistant to join our Hastings office.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for providing support across all aspects of the finance department, including but not limited to:
- Purchase ledger
- Accurate processing of supplier and subcontractor invoices and employee expense claims
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Raising purchase ledger payments
- Sales ledger
- Raising and processing of sales invoices and applications for payment
- Maintenance of the sales ledger
- Processing of sales receipts and resolving differences
- General ledger
- Control account reconciliations
- Raising and posting of journal entries
- Processing of bank and petty cash transactions
- Monitoring and managing the shared accounts mailbox
- Answering telephone enquiries from customers, suppliers and colleagues, dealing with them in a professional and efficient way
The successful candidate will have, or be able to demonstrate, the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting or equivalent
- Previous experience in a customer-facing finance role
- Fully computer literate with strong MS Excel and accounting software experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Confident, approachable and professional manner
- Ability to effectively manage own workload and meet deadlines
- Knowledge or experience of construction accounting including retention, CIS and applications for payment
- General ledger and project costing experience
- Understanding of MS Access
In return, the successful candidate will be offered a salary between £20k – £25k (dependant on experience), with the added benefits of flexible working hours, contributory pension scheme, and personal insurance cover within a dynamic, fast growing, and exciting family run business.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: 7th April.