Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies may be either ‘persistent’ cookies or ‘session’ cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
We use both persistent and session cookies on our website.
The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below.
(__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, __utmt, _ga) to track users as they navigate the website.
We use (cookie_notice_accepted) to record a users consent to our using cookies.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website.
Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
The analytics cookies used by our website have the following names:__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, _ga.
- _ga is used to distinguish users and has an expiration of 2 years.
- __utma keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site.
- __utmb and __utmc: __utmb takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor enters a site, while __utmc takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves a site. __utmb expires at the end of the session. __utmc waits 30 minutes, and then it expires.
- __utmt is used to throttle the request rate for the service – limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes.
- __utmz keeps track of where a visitor came from, the search engine used, links clicked on, keywords used, and geographic location.
The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
Cookie consent cookie
We use a cookie to record consent to our using cookies
The consent cookie has the following name: cookie_notice_accepted and has an expiration of 1 year.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. Search for a term such as ‘Manage Cookies’ plus the name of your browser. For example ‘Manage Cookies Chrome’ or ‘Manage Cookies Edge’ or ‘Manage Cookies Firefox’.
Blocking our cookies will not impact on the usability of this website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer. Search for a term such as ‘Delete Cookies’ plus the name of your browser. For example ‘Clear Cookies Chrome’ or ‘Clear Cookies Edge’ or ‘Clear Cookies Firefox’.
Deleting our cookies will not impact on the usability of this website.
This website is owned and operated by Triangle Fire Systems Ltd.
Our principal place of business is at Haywood Way, Hastings, East Sussex, TN35 4PL.
You can contact us: