Domestic & Commercial Sprinkler Fire System Maintenance
Fire Sprinkler Servicing
To ensure your sprinkler system will operate correctly at all times it is a requirement of the British Standard that it is maintained and subject to an annual service. On completion and commissioning of a fire sprinkler system, the details of the system are added to our servicing database.
Approximately four weeks before the fire system maintenance is required, the person responsible for the sprinkler system will be contacted to remind them that the system now requires a service. Servicing costs vary from £100 + VAT for small dwellings up to three bedrooms, to £300 + VAT for a 60 bed care home, (prices correct as of November 1st 2016).
Triangle Fire Systems also offer a service contract for an additional 30% of the system maintenance cost. This is paid annually or in two payments over the year and in addition to an annual service includes:
- Access to our 24 Hour duty engineer telephone service
- 15% discount on all replacement parts
- 10% discount on any labour should remedial work be required
The Sprinkler System Maintenance will include the following
- Inspection of all sprinkler heads to ensure:
- all cover plates fitted correctly
- there are no signs of a leak around the head
- the head still covers the protected area, i.e., has there been any modification to the room that has caused a blind spot from the sprinkler head.
- Inspection of all ceilings and walls for indications of a weeping joint
- Inspection of lagging, (if applicable)
- Inspection and testing of trace heating, (if applicable)
- Inspection and testing of alarm systems, (if applicable)
- Inspection and testing of alarm interfaces, (if applicable)
- Inspection of control systems
- Inspection on pump, (if applicable)
- Inspection of tank, (if applicable):
- Water level
- Signs of leaks
- Low level alarm
- Test for presence of bacterium
- Full commissioning test
Following the service a new commissioning certificate will be supplied and the log book signed. If the service fails or requires remedial work, a full report will be issued.